Customized Business Training
Are you ready to get down to business?? We are too! UW-Washington County's Continuing Education Department can customize your training to best fit your company's training needs.
Customized Business Solutions
Here are a few a questions to consider before getting started:
- Do you want the training to be on our campus or at your facility?
- Are you looking for one day training or something that is ongoing?
- Do you need the training to be in-person or are you looking for online classes?
- Are there specific issues that you need addressed? (ex. Current situations, obstacles to overcome)
- Are there changes within the organization that need to be addressed?
- What is the specific goal that you want the training to obtain?
- Do you need Continuing Education Units (CEUs) awarded?
- How many employees to you anticipate in the training?
Here are some of our most popular training categories*:
*Please note: the below workshops are samples and can be tailored to meet your training needs. Contact us today to explore your options! Please contact Holly Wehrhahn, CCT, Regional Director, Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-521-5460.
Team dynamics: How to Build a Strong Team
- Recognize the differences between the individual & group levels of systems
- Identify the stages of group development & their relationship to team effectiveness
- Be able to describe the 5 dysfunctions of a team
- Understand & employ techniques to avoid or work through these dysfunctions
- Possess a greater understanding of your own pre-dispositions within a team through the use the Strengths Finder 2.0 Indicator Assessment & the Dysfunction Online Team Assessment
- Understand & practice methods of conflict resolution with groups (as time allows)
- Observe group dynamics & analyze intervention results
Leadership Through Times of Change: Best Practices
- Introduce organizational culture concepts & definitions as related to change
- Recognize precipitators of change
- Understand planned change models as researched by Kurt Lewin
- Develop skills in preparing, managing, & cementing change
- Identify change levers within the organization & how to implement them
- Develop a transparent & relevant communication & feedback plan effective for your organization
- Excerpts from the Journal of Change Management related to Lewin & complexity theories of change
- Excerpts from the Innovation Journal: The Public Sector Innovation Journal, Vol. 13 (3) “Perspectives on Organizational Change: Systems & Complexity Theories” by Francis Amagoh
- Certificate of Completion, 2.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU)
Polish Your Leadership Style and Leverage Your Success!
The 5 Best Conflict Resolution Strategies
Are you constantly fighting a battle or even worse, avoiding them? Tired of navigating life's challenges with others & getting nowhere? We will discuss how to pick your battles and to apply the 5 demonstrated conflict resolution strategies correctly and effectively. Let Michel DeLisle make your life easier by breezing through conflicts with ease while maintaining a positive working or life environment. This is a must for both managers and employees or anyone wanting to communicate more positively! Available for .6 CEUs
SCORE Advising Sessions
SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives), founded in 1964, is a non-profit organization dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth, and success of small businesses nationwide. The University of Wisconsin-Washington County (UW-WC) in Cooperation with the West Bend Economic Development Corporation hosts advising sessions at the UW-WC campus.
SCORE volunteers are both retired and "working" business people. They bring a wealth of knowledge right to your fingertips about starting, managing and maintaining a successful small business.
Advising sessions can be set up by contacting Judy Benike or phone 262-335-5200.
Your organization may have training needs not available through traditional programming. The University of Wisconsin Colleges can help. We offer a variety of customized training solutions to fit your specific organizational issues at a time and location convenient to you. UW Colleges provide training support in a variety of areas.
For Training Support, contact Holly Wehrhahn or phone 262-541-5460.