For Students

Accessibility Services

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Washington County strives to meet the needs of all our students. Direct questions about accessibility services to the Office of Student Affairs. Visit the accessibility services page on the UW Colleges administrative website to learn more about accessibility services and policies.

Campus Safety

Campus Safety & Security Information provides information on how to report an incident, security reports, e-alerts, and weather cancellations.  

Emergency Grant 

The UW Colleges Emergency Grant is available to students with an unexpected financial crisis that would cause a student to not complete the term. Expenses such as unexpected medical expenses, car repair, travel expenses for a family emergency and replacement of items due to theft/fire damage. Funds cannot be used for tuition, textbooks, student fees, alcohol or tobacco, groceries, entertainment, legal services,  fines or forfeitures resulting from legal violations or ongoing monthly expenses such as; rent, credit card bills, or utilities. No more than two grants per academic year per student, not to exceed $500 total is available.  Please contact your the Solution Center for more information.   

Health & Wellness

The University provides a range of services to support student health and wellness including alcohol and drug education and mental health services

Adult Students

UW-Milwaukee at Washington County welcomes adult students! We've helped lots of adults achieve their goals and dreams at the West Bend campus. Whether you seek a new or enhanced career, want to take a course for intellectual enrichment or something in-between, you can do it and we can help.

Student Affairs Office

The Office of Student Affairs provides comprehensive assistance to prospective and current students in the areas of admission, financial aid, advising, orientation, placement testing, disability services, tutoring services and student activities.

Advisors are available to help students learn about, degree options, majors, academic requirements, and the process of transferring. Help is also available in assessing career goals, planning a return to school, adjusting to academic life, or other areas of concern relevant to beginning or returning to college.

Student Handbook

As a UW-Milwaukee at Washington County student, you have certain rights and responsibilities respecting your relationship with your fellow students and the University. The rules, regulations and policies you will find in this booklet are intended to foster an environment of mutual respect for you and your fellow students and to enhance the educational environment of your campus. Here you will find the most current information on UW policies, common procedures, student rights, and campus expectations. 

Student Handbook
Student Expectations and Rights
FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
FERPA Release Form


Students can purchase textbooks, course materials, school supplies and more online at the UW-Milwaukee at Washington County bookstore.

Voting Guide

Voting is both a right and a responsibility for an engaged citizen. The campus encourages everyone to exercise the right to vote.

A photo ID will be required at the polls for upcoming elections. Most students will still be able to use a Wisconsin driver’s license or State of Wisconsin ID, which already meet voter ID requirements.

Free Voter ID cards can be obtained by UW-Milwaukee at Washington County students at the Student Affairs/Solution Center office.

For complete information on voting as a student, please check out the University of Wisconsin System Voting Guide.