Student Veterans of America
Meetings are Tuesdays at Noon in Room FA213 (near cafeteria)
Fall 2012 Officers
Vice President-Walter Woods
Secretary/Treasurer - Cheryl Wriedt
Advisor- Maria Graciano
The Student Veterans of America (SVA) is a group of college-based miliary veterans and supporters, dedicated to supporting military veterans, their families, and their communities. Initial goals include:
- Assist student veterans as they make the transition from service member, to civilian, to student. They will do this by distributing information, including forms, documents, lists of organizations and contact information useful for veterans (including disabled veterans) and their families; who are recently released from the military and those new to the college in which they are enrolled.
- Promote healthy interactions with fellow veterans and students, both on and off campus, by way of social gatherings and community activities.
- Provide special services to assist disabled veterans.
- Various veteran outreach activities to provide direct services to veterans' families, including those deployed and the families who await their return.
- Educate the college community about the special experiences, circumstances, strengths, and needs of the military veteran and their families.
"Veterans helping Veterans"
- Veterans Day Program - press release (November 2012)