Phi Theta Kappa
Founded in 1918, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is the international honor society for two-year colleges offering associate programs. PTK has chapters in more than 900 two-year colleges, inducting more than 50,000 students annually.
PTK bases all programs on its four hallmarks: Scholastics, Leadership, Service and Fellowship. In addition to recognizing and promoting scholastic achievement, PTK also provides members opportunities for leadership development; encourages members to conduct service projects for the benefit of the college and the community; and fosters an atmosphere conductive to scholarly fellowship.
Aaron Davies – President
Chelsey Bock – Vice President
Heather Grosskoph – Treasurer
Ashley Langenecker – Secretary
Membership Qualification Criteria:
- Students enrolled in 12 or more credits at UW-WC during the semester they qualify must earn at least a 3.3 semester GPA and a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students enrolled in less than 12 credits at UW-WC during the semester they qualify must earn a 3.3 cumulative GPA and must have completed at least 12 total (cumulative) credits.
Any students meeting the above criteria for membership will be invited to attend informational meetings once classes begin.
How to join PTK? Questions?
To join PTK, pick up a membership form from the Student Services office. Complete the form and return to the PTK advisor, along with the one-time membership fee of $60 (payable to UW-WC). This fee includes national, regional and local chapter dues. The PTK advisor is Talitha Selby (Prof. Selby's office is Room 235; phone (262) 335-5250, ext. 235; or email: email@example.com
Benefits of Membership
Each newly inducted member receives:
- Golden Key of Phi Theta Kappa membership pin
- Membership certificate and wallet identification card
- Membership Manual
- Scholarship Directory that includes a list of scholarship specifically designated for Society members
- One year's subscription to the Golden Key newsletter
- Automatic listings of the National Dean's List
- Complimentary copy of 3.5 PLUS Annual Journal
- UW-WC transcript stamped "Member of Phi Theta Kappa"
- Participate in PTK activities during your first semester at UW-WC.
- Get to know other students who share your attitude toward academic excellence.
- "Sample" what PTK has to offer you so can decide to join as a regular member after qualifying at the end of your first semester.
The criteria for guest membership are:
- Graduation from high school in the top 25% of your class.
- Guest Membership is valid for one semester only. Qualified guest members must join as regular members at the end of their first semester to continue participation in Phi Theta Kappa.
- To join as a guest member, complete PTK guest membership form. (No dues).