A formal dedication of the newly completed third floor of the Collins Science Wing is planned for Wednesday, February 18. The floor will add 30,000 square feet to the facility and will “provide space for continuing the campus pattern of attracting new baccalaureate programs,” according to David Nixon, Dean.
Invited to the dedication are area representatives, University Council and Foundation members, scholarship donors, high school educators including principals and superintendents, as well as the campus faculty and staff.
The dedication begins at 3pm in Room 201 and includes the following speakers:
- David Nixon, Dean and CEO of UW-Washington County
- Neil Narveson, City of West Bend Alderperson, District 8
- Dan Stoffel, Washington County Board Supervisor, town of Kewaskum and Wayne
- David Wilson, Chancellor of the UW Colleges/UW Extension
- Pat Strachota, Wisconsin State Assembly (unable to attend but will have prepared remarks)
- Glenn Grothman, Wisconsin Senate
A reception will follow on the third floor and will feature music provided by Peter Gibeau and Daniel Ackley of UW-WC’s Music Department as well as other area musicians. The reception is also serving as the monthly Business After Hours event for West Bend Area Chamber of Commerce members.
At 5pm, Dean Nixon will announce the winner of the Extreme Educational Makeover contest. The contest attracted more than 60 entries from area residents, ages 22 to 69. The winner will receive one semester of tuition and fees as well as $200 towards books.