Ways To Give

“We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give.”

This quote from Winston Churchill reveals the tremendous impact that a donation, in whatever size or form, can have. There are many ways to express your support of the University of Wisconsin-Washington County.

You can make an unrestricted gift, which means the funds will be used where the need is greatest at UW-Washington County. Or, if you prefer to have your gift directed to a specific initiative, you can restrict your gift. Initiatives include: student scholarships, faculty and staff programs, special events (such as the Fine Arts Festival) or capital equipment donations.

Check or money order

Send to “Washington County Campus Foundation,” 400 University Drive, West Bend, WI 53095. Be sure to indicate the purpose of your gift on the check or in a cover letter. Gifts of cash are fully deductible for federal income tax purposes, when you itemize deductions.

Gifts in memory or in honor of a relative or friend

Honorary and memorial gifts are a wonderful and thoughtful way to recognize someone’s life and accomplishments. The gift will be administered as you specify by the Washington County Campus Foundation.


Securities can be reassigned directly to Washington County Campus Foundation or may be transferred through your broker. The value of the gift for tax purposes is determined by the mean market value of the security on the date of the transfer.


When you name the Washington County Campus Foundation in your will, you can bequeath assets, real estate or personal property (such as art and jewelry) to the University. The Foundation reviews each potential gift of real estate and personal property before accepting the gift.