Continuing Education offers three different ways to take online classes through our partnerships with Condensed Curriculum International, Learning Education Resources Network (LERN), and Ed2Go.
New online E-Learning Healthcare Courses
University of Wisconsin – Washington County announces the availability of our online e-learning healthcare exam preparation courses from Health Ed Today. These courses are highly interactive and provide students with an enriched learning experience. Each course includes: 24 hour a day instructor support & course mentors; engaging labs, student exercises and course videos; all textbooks, workbooks and student materials; a new “Secure Student Website” – including career resources & other training.
These exciting courses include:
- Pharmacy Technician Exam Preparation
- Clinical Medical Assistant Exam Preparation
- Dental Assisting Exam Preparation
- Phlebotomy Technician Exam Preparation
- EKG Technician Exam Preparation
- Medical Billing and Coding Exam Preparation
- And many more classes!
Note: all programs include textbooks, workbooks and students materials. Certain programs include clinical externships and national certifications.
Visit us online at http://www.healthedtoday.com/uw-washingtoncounty to experience a course demo and to learn more about these exciting new exam preparation programs!
LERN Online Certificate Programs & Classes
- Certificate in Online Teaching
- Certified Online Instructor
- Supervisory and Leadership Certificate
- Developing Green Buildings
- Social Media for Business Certificate
- Introduction to Social Media
- Marketing Using Social Media
- Integrating Social Media in Your Organization
- Online Emarketing Essentials Certificate
- Courses for K12 Teachers--Graduate Credit
This is just a sampling of the over 200 online courses available in the areas of business, computer applications, languages, personal enrichment , graphic design, health care and more. To view the entire list of available courses and to register for these online courses, visit www.ed2go.com/uwwc.
Introduction to Excel- Discover the secrets to setting up fully formatted worksheets quickly and efficiently.
Introduction to QuickBooks- Learn how to quickly and efficiently gain control over the financial aspects of your business.
Grammar Refresher- This course will help you gain confidence in your ability to produce clean, grammatically correct documents and speeches.
Computer Skills for the Workplace- Gain a working knowledge of the computer skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s job market.
Designing Effective Websites- This course will enable you to master the basics of Web design and you’ll learn how to build sites that are better and more effective. Get ready to take your Web design skills to the next level!
Accounting Fundamentals Gain a marketable new skill by learning the basics of double-entry bookkeeping, financial reporting, and more.
Principles of Sales Management- Learn valuable techniques and strategies for sales management success.
Introduction to Microsoft Word- Learn how to create and modify documents with the world’s most widely used word processor.
Introduction to Access- Store, locate, print, and automate access to all types of information.
Speed Spanish- This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn Spanish pronto! Learn six simple recipes to glue Spanish words together into sentences, and you’ll be speaking Spanish in no time.
Intermediate Excel- Work faster and more productively with Exce
Introduction to PowerPoint- Build impressive slide presentations filled with text, images, video, audio, charts, and more.
Become a Physical Therapy Aide- By the time you finish this course, you’ll have gained valuable knowledge and be well on your way to becoming an important member of the physical therapy team!
Keys to Effective Communication- You’ll learn to use communication to build rapport and create environments of trust, warmth, and respect. Become more confident, create a great first impression, get along well with others, and create more and better personal and professional relationships.
How to Get Started
1. Visit our online Instruction Center: www.ed2go.com/uwwc
2. Click the Courses link, choose the department and course title you are interested in and select the Enroll Now button. Follow the instructions to enroll and pay for your course. Here you will enter your e-mail and choose a password that will grant you access to the Classroom.
3. When your course starts, return to our Online Instruction Center and click the Classroom link. To begin your studies, simply log in with your e-mail and the password you selected during enrollment.
Visit our Online Instruction Center today: www.ed2go.com/uwwc for complete course listings, descriptions, and syllabi or call Teri Mattek in the Continuing Education Office at 262-335-5259 for more information.
All courses require Internet access, e-mail, the Netscape Navigator, or the Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser. Some courses may have additional requirements. Please visit our Online Instruction Center for more information.