Childcare Reimbursement Program

Sponsored by Student Life & Interest Commitee (under the auspice of the Student Government Association), UW-Washington County offers a childcare reimbursement to current qualified students. To get started, apply online or pick up an application from Student Affairs.

Priority for Eligibility

  • Applicants must be currently enrolled at UW-Washington County for a minimum of six credits.
  • Each applicant is only accepted for a semester at a time. Returning students must reapply for each new semester at UW-Washington County.
  • The application period is limited to the first ten weeks of the fall and spring semesters.
  • Each case is looked at separately and investigated to a reasonable point.

Due Dates

  • Each week, the applicants must have their professors complete the weekly child care form. It is the applicant's responsibility to see that the weekly form is filled out appropriately.
  • The childcare forms for the current semester must be turned in to Debbie Butschlick (Room 144 or mailbox in the main office) during the week of final exams. Exceptions will not be made for late forms.
  • The final exam week is not included in the childcare program. The applicant will receive no reimbursement for the child/children during that week.

Reimbursement Information

  • The rate of reimbursement is based on the number of accepted applicants and the amount of class hours per week each applicant has. The reimbursement amount will not exceed $2.00 per contact hour.
  • The reimbursement will be paid in one sum at the end of each semester. The Business Office will mail the check directly to the student address printed on the application form.
  • The student must provide proof of payment for childcare services (cancelled check, receipt or statement).
  • If the applicant withdraws from school, he/she will only be paid up until the official withdrawal date.

General Information & Application

  • Apply online or pick up the childcare application in Student Affairs, the Student Government office or Debbie Butschlick's office.
    • The Student Affairs office is located to your immediate right as you enter the campus at the main entrance.
    • The Student Government office is located in the lower level - within the Rathskellar area. Use steps located in the cafeteria.
    • Debbie Butschlick's office is located in the gymnasium. It is the last door on the right hand side.
  • Each applicant who receives financial aid should check with Student Affairs to see if this reimbursement will affect their aid.