Placement Tests are required of all New UW-WC students who plan to take English and Mathematics classes. If you are a Transfer, Special, or Re-Entry student, please check with your Academic Advisor regarding this requirement. Placement test results from other colleges and universities outside the UW System DO NOT replace the UW System Placement Tests.
We also offer optional Foreign Language Placement Testing in Spanish, French and German. These placement tests are not required but are definitely recommended for anyone planning to continue language study in the UW Colleges. Students do not receive credit for the placement test, but are eligible for retroactive credits if they receive a B or better in their first college course in the language. The number of retro credits available ranges from 4 to 16 depending upon the level at which you begin. We encourage you to consult with your transfer campus to ensure you meet admission and/or graduation foreign language requirements.
Students requesting Disability Accommodations for testing will be scheduled on a non-testing date in our campus Learning Center. You will need to submit a Request Form along with supporting documentation to the Placement Test Administrator. Test dates are scheduled after your accommodations are approved. Visit the UW College Accessibility page for more information.
How do I SIGN-UP?
1. Any UW System student (including UW-WC students): you can Register for Regional Testing held on specific Saturdays from March through July at UW-WC and other UW campuses. Registration begins February 1st. If you are not a UW-WC student, Regional Placement Testing is the only option that we offer. All other Placement Tests on our campus are for UW-WC students only. All Regional Testing begins at 8am.
2. UW-WC students only: you can click on one of the placement test dates below to sign up.
How do I get my Placement Test RESULTS?
Results will be available through your campus Academic Advisor within approximately two weeks.
UW-WC students only: If you need your scores sooner than two weeks, please let the staff know when you check-in for your placement test. To get your results, schedule a meeting with a UW-WC Academic Advisor through the Student Affairs Office at (262) 335-5201.
What should I KNOW about testing day?
- A Photo ID is REQUIRED at check-in. (Bring a driver's license, state issued ID, passport or a high school student ID if it includes a picture). Students will not be allowed to test without an appropriate photo ID.
- Bring #2 sharpened pencils.
- Bring a NON-GRAPHING calculator. It is not required, but a calculator will not be provided. Graphing calculators and cell phone calculators are not allowed.
- Use the Main Entrance. Be on time! Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Once testing begins, you will not be permitted to enter the room. Check in just inside the front doors. If you are unfamiliar with the campus, please get directions to campus before the test.
- Plan on approximately 4.5 hours to complete the entire battery of testing (90 min Math, 90 min English, 60 min Foreign Language, plus 30 min for instructions). If you are not taking all three tests, you can plan accordingly, however, everyone should arrive at the same time, even if you are only taking one test.
- Test results will be available through your campus Academic Advisor.
If you have any questions regarding Placement Testing on our campus, email Placement Test Administrator or call (262) 335-5250, x 306.