Welcome future students! Take these steps to apply to UW Colleges:
1. Submit Your Application.
- Complete the online University of Wisconsin System application.
- Submit a $50 Application Fee. You may pay the fee with a credit card when you electronically submit your application or by check, payable to UW Colleges and send it to: UW Colleges Admissions Office, 780 Regent Street, Madison, WI 53715. * Please note, this fee is non-refundable and is not required if you have previously attended a UW Colleges campus as a degree-seeking student. Fee waivers are available to those who are eligible.
- Submit Documentation. Submit the following documents to UW Colleges Admissions Office, 780 Regent Street, Madison, WI 53715. * Please note, your application is not complete until the following are received: Online application, application fee, official transcript(s), a copy of ACT or SAT scores. Additional details about the admissions documentation can be found by type of students.
- An official copy of your high school transcript
- Official college transcripts (if you took college credit in high school or if you are a transfer student)
- ACT and SAT scores (If you are 22 or older, you do not need to submit scores.)
- If you obtained a GED or HSED, please submit a copy of your diploma and test scores.
2. Set Up Your Student Email
Information will be sent to the email address you placed on your UW System application regarding how to set up your new student email. Your student email will provide you information about financial aid, placement testing, advising & registration, orientation and emergency notifications, so please make sure to check your inbox frequently. Set up your email.
3. Activate your PRISM Account
Information will be sent to your personal email regarding how to set up your PRISM account. PRISM is your student portal for campus business, course and grade transactions. To stay up-to-date on your application and to receive important communications, please make sure to activate this account as soon as possible.
4. Research Financial Aid
You are encouraged to apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using our code: 003897. Please be aware that your financial aid award letter and any financial aid communication will be sent to your student email.
1-888-INFO-UWC | UWCSolutionCenter@uwc.edu
Applications are accepted after September 15 for the following fall or spring semester or summer term. High school students are encouraged to apply early in their senior year. Early applicants have an advantage in obtaining academic counseling, financial aid and their preferred schedule of courses.
UW Colleges follows a rolling admissions deadline, which means that when a student's application file is complete, it is reviewed and a decision regarding admission is made by the UW Colleges Office of Admissions. An application is considered complete when the Admissions office has received your: online application, application fee, official transcript(s) and a copy of ACT or SAT scores.