Academic advising is a very important part of your college experience at UW-Washington County. Advisors are available to assist you in developing educational plans that are compatible with your life goals. Your academic advisor can help you:
- Explore your academic and career goals.
- Select classes that promote your progress toward your degree.
- Choose classes that help you to explore your interests, identify your eventual major, or identify courses needed for a major already chosen.
- Build a class schedule that balances your homework and class load.
The university offers a variety of advising services to assist students in meeting their academic, career, and/or personal needs.
If you're a new freshmen, you will meet with an academic advisor from the Solution Center prior to the start of your first semester during an Advising/Registration Session. An individual advisor will then be assigned to you.
If you're a transfer or re-entry student, you will meet with an academic advisor from the Solution Center prior to the start of your first semester. You'll continue to work with an advisor throughout your time at UW-WC.
Make an appointment:
- Go to: https://uwc.agilegrad.com/center. Here is a list of who to select for the following types of appointments:
- Academic Advising - Maria Graciano
- Prospective/New Students - Maria Graciano
- Disability Services - Maria Graciano
- Mental Health Counseling - Michelle Appel
- How to set up an online appointment
- The Solution Center office is located to your immediate right when you use the front main entrance.
Student Affairs Coordinator - Academic Advisor