BS - Human Services Leadership
The nationally accredited UWO Human Service Leadership program provides a course of study that prepares students for human services administration and management, and, to serve in key leadership positions in human services locally and across the world.
The UW College System is an integral partner in the collaborative degree program, providing pre-advising to potential HSL Collaborative degree students and hosting courses regionally. The academic excellence and educational preparation offered through the Colleges lay the foundation for successful HSLC students. The UW Extension provides technical assistance in instructional design and vital technological connections for the program’s distance education delivery.
The Collaborative Degree Program advantage:
- The HSLC degree program fits the career path of traditional and non-traditional students
- General education courses are completed through the associate (AAS) degree program at the UW College and the credits transfer to UWO. Students enter the HSLC program as juniors.
- UWO Human Services Leadership courses and field placements are held in the region for an in-demand degree; students don’t need to travel to the UW-Oshkosh campus for courses
- Dedicated, well trained faculty with diverse education and experience provide instruction and mentoring to students
- Small class size and cohorts allow students to know instructors and fellow students well
- Students have access to the UW Oshkosh and UW College libraries, technology, and academic support system
- Consortium agreements with collaborating institutions make financial aid available for qualifying students
- Field placements provide experiences for students to apply learning in local agencies and build mentoring relationships with leaders in the community
- The community and its stakeholders benefit from the involvement of students who are trained in cutting-edge and research-based best practice in the industry
- Read more at Collaborative Degree Advantage
For more information contact the UW-WC Student Affairs office, or, the UWO HSLC office at (920) 424-0115 or at www.uwosh.edu/collabdegree/hs Also see the "Get Started" information below
Getting started is often the most difficult part. If you've been out of college for several years or the prospect of studying and taking tests seems overwhelming, contact us. Our advisors will help you develop a plan to reach your goals.
Whatever your situation, advisors will work with you on a personalized plan to get you off to the right start. Typically, students will have completed their general education credits (freshman and sophomore courses) before entering this program. However, if you have earned some college credits from one of the University of Wisconsin Colleges (the two-year campuses) or another college, you may qualify to enter this program.
Transfer credits? Most students transfer approximately 60 credits to UW Oshkosh. Credits now transfer easier than ever! Contact an advisor to find out how to apply your credits to this program.
To enroll or for more information, contact: